Kangshung Valley Trek
From Lhasa's cultural wonders, trek to the Kangshung Valley in the West. The valley offers dramatic mountain views, fertile valleys and untouched forests. This trek to Kangshung offers a wonderful challenge as you trek across the high Tibetan plateau.
Tour Duration and Price ( please see what's included and what's not )
14 to 16 day, 16 to 18 day, and 20 to 24 day itineraries are available for this trek. Please contact us to enquire about detailed itineraries and tour prices for this trek.
June – September
The Trek in Brief
The Kangshung Valley Trek begins in Lhasa, where you will spend several days acclimatizing. While you acclimatize, take in Lhasa's incredible sights, including the Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Sera Monastery and Drepung Monastery. Then the trek to Kangshung Valley begins.
The Kangshung Valley lies to the west of Lhasa. The route sees very little traffic. The valley itself offers dramatic mountain views, fertile valleys and untouched forests.
This trek to Kangshung is a challenge that requires you to be very fit, as you trek across the high Tibetan plateau. While embarking on this adventure, please be prepared for unscheduled stops and alternate routes, because the weather is unpredictable. For safety reasons, on-the-spot modifications of the route and itinerary may be required.
Return to Lhasa to board your flight out of Tibet.
Tour Prices quoted include the following:
- All accommodation as listed
- Airport -hotel-airport transfers in Lhasa
- Sightseeing and entry fees for Potala palace, Jokhang temple , Sera monastery, Drepung monastery, Pelkhor chode and Gyantse Khumbum, Tashilhunpo Monastery, Sakya Monastery, Kailash and Manasarovar Breakfast in Lhasa, and meals while camping
Tour Prices DO NOT include:
- All visa fees (The required Tibet Permit fee is approximately 114 US dollars - we will advise you of the exact cost for this, and any other required visas or permits at the time of your booking / enquiry)
- Flight cost from your home country to Nepal or China (entry points into Tibet)
- Flight cost to Lhasa from Nepal or China (It is possible to fly to Lhasa from these cities in China: Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Canton (Guangzhou), Chongqing, Kuming, Xian, Xining or Chengdu. It is also possible fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu, Nepal. As a price guide, the flight cost from Kathmandu to Lhasa is approximately 399 US dollars, but we will advise you of the exact cost for your flight from China or Nepal to Lhasa at the time of your booking / enquiry).
- Travel and medical insurance
- All meals except breakfast in Lhasa
- Emergency evacuation
- Personal spending money for sovenirs, extra sightseeing, laundry etc
- Meals other than breakfasts in Lhasa, and those provided during camping
- Expenses arising from events outside the control of Everest Kailash Treks & Tours and/or their agents and suppliers, such as trip delays / trip extensions because of inclement weather, equipment failure. illness or other causes beyond our control
- No refunds can be made for any unused services or accommodation on the trip